Governing Body meetings
Governing Body Open Meetings
Each year Governors decide whether or not full governing body meetings are “open” to the public. Open meetings are meetings of the full governing body to which members of the public, including school staff and parents, can request in writing to attend as observers.
At the first full governing body meeting of this new academic year, Governors voted to continue to permit open meetings for remainder of this year. The guidance below constitutes the code of conduct required by the governing body in return for granting access to their meetings. This guidance is recommended by the Local Authority as being good practice.
- Governing Body meetings are published on the school website (see below).
- Members of the public can make a request, in writing, to attend the “open” part of any meeting.
- Requests to attend must be sent to the Clerk to the governing body no less than 14 days before the date of the meeting. This allows time for Governors to finalise and agree the agenda for the meeting with Governors, and for the agenda to be published seven days in advance of the meeting.
- If there is sufficient capacity and space an invitation to attend the meeting will be issued by the Clerk to the Governing Body, together with an agenda. These will be sent by e-mail seven days before the meeting.
- Anyone attending will be shown in the meeting minutes as being “In attendance”.
- Persons attending meetings are there at the invitation of the governing body and must agree to:
- be present as observers only;
- not speak or in any other way interrupt the meeting;
- at the request of the chair, leave the meeting if any part of it is deemed, by the governing body, to be confidential;
- not record any part of the meeting electronically or in writing.
- Failure to abide by these expectations may result in an individual being asked to withdraw from the meeting and potentially be refused an invitation to future meetings.
- Minutes of all meetings are published on the school website, when they have been agreed by the full governing body, which is done at the next meeting of the full governing body. These will be published here below.
- Full Governing Body meetings for the current academic year are scheduled for the following dates:
28th September 2018
7th December 2018
1st February 2019
29th March 2019
12th July 2019
Meetings start at 08.30 and the venue alternates between the two school buildings, depending upon availability of meeting room space.
Minutes of full governing body meetings
FGB minutes for 2016/2017
3rd February 2017 (no public minutes - part 2 item only)
Last revised 1st September 2017
Next revision Easter 2018