Sports Premium Funding
The funding has been provided by the government for the year 2017 - 2018 to help primary schools to make lasting improvements to PE and School sport.
There are 5 areas which have been highlighted as being key to these sustainable changes:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
At Send CofE Primary School, we have put together a plan of how we think we can best spend the money to support the needs of each school in making long term positive change.
Year 6 Swimming Competency 2017 - 2018
94% can swim 25m in deep water without stopping
85% can use a range of strokes over 25m
94% can climb in and out of the pool, jump into the pool and tread water for 1 minute.